Monday, May 10, 2010

ASIANOVELA: Fated to Love You


Not every Taiwanese comedy-drama series has a PG-13 sex scene for its first episode, so imagine my amusement when I have actually found one. Fated to Love You has this magical pull at first that made me miss drinking sessions with friends so I can go home earlier and watch it. However, as the series reached its middle part, the show’s appeal dwindled dramatically. Maybe the fact that the main characters’ personalities switched, and scenes becoming stupider and trivial as episodes pass caused me to lose interest. Despite that, I continued being the loyal viewer that I am with the hopes that it would get better, but unfortunately, I was disappointed. I endured figurative headaches watching two grown-ups act like emotionally unstable teenagers who are clueless on what their course of action should be, forcing me to make the decision that I have watched enough cliché telenovelas for this year, and just revert to my ultimate first love, anime.


RATING: 2 out of 5.

No comments: